As parents, how we speak to our children is so important. Showing your child you believe in them is something that will empower them in ways unimaginable as they grow up – and those feeling of support will stick with them through adulthood.
Giving a child a sense of empowerment doesn’t mean you are giving up your authority; it just means you’re validating who they are and reassuring them that they are enough.
- Your dreams are important.
- You can do anything you set your mind to.
- You are enough
- You make me proud.
- Its okay to feel scared.
- Your attitude can change any sitaution.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- Your opinion matters.
- You can try again tomorrow.
- Always be your true self.
- Nobody is perfect. (Repeat) Nobody is perfect.
- You can change the world.
- You are worth it.
- You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing.
- You have a choice.
- I value you.
- If you believe in something, than it is important.
- I trust you.
- You are very special.
- I love you.
- You make me very happy.
It is so easy as parents to forget these little words that will leave a mark on our kids hearts and be engraved in our kids minds from years to come. our kids are growing fast and need reassurance often. They get discouraged when something doesn’t workout for them after a couple tries. As parents, we need to encourage them to keep trying, and let them know we believe in them.
I know how exhausting life can be as a parent especially after a long day, and I will be the first to admit that it is easy to say that may harm my child. But we have to remember that kids are a blessing, a miracle and a light that can illuminate our lives everyday.
Make them feel it and know it well. Everyday.
Please feel free to comment some encourage words that I may have left out. I would love to read them.